Go on an Inspiration Walk
- Set a timer or alarm for ten minutes. Carry this with you.
- Start walking in one direction. Resist the urge to check your phone. Instead, pay attention to your senses: What do you feel, see, hear, smell, taste?
- If you struggle to focus, concentrate on your footsteps and notice your feet on the ground. What does the ground feel like? What do you hear as your foot strikes the surface?
- When your alarm goes off, return along the same route. See if you notice anything different from your initial journey.
- Upon returning to your starting point, set your timer for another ten minutes and write about your experience.
This is an Inspiration Walk.
Note: You’re not walking to solve a problem or cultivate inspiration (though either may occur); you’re walking to walk. Often by focusing on the present, the greatest sources of magic are found…
Tell me what you notice @redheadlefthand.