Writer’s block. It happens to the best of us. Procrastination, exhaustion, complaining, and straight up avoidance isn’t unique to you, either. When you’ve had enough wallowing and decide it’s time to actually get things done, here are 10 steps to lead you onto the path of production.
And yes, I followed my own advice to write this post (see image).
- Get off Facebook.
- Step away from the computer.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Take a shower.
- Sit somewhere new. Or change your desk around.
- Get reacquainted with pen, paper, markers, tape, glue…
- Turn off the phone! Really!
- Realize that everything will still be there in one hour. Emails can wait. Voicemails aren’t going anywhere. No one will die.
- Chunk it. Break it down into bite-sized pieces. Set mini goals if you must.
- Stop trying to be perfect. Write crap. Come up with terrible ideas. Just start.